Well here it is, my very first recipe and blog post!
These muffins are both gluten and dairy free and so delicious! My entire family loves this spin on blueberry muffins. Although I love blueberries, I love raspberries even more! So I decided to incorporate raspberries in place of blueberries in these muffins!
They are yummy but definitely not full of wasted calories.
3/4 cup almond meal
3/4 cup rice flour
2T ground flax seed
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup almond milk
1 cup fresh raspberries
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoon almond meal
1/4 cup oil-based butter
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line muffin tin with cupcake liners or grease your muffin tin.
2. Combine the 3/4 cup almond meal, rice flour, ground flax seed, white sugar, salt and baking powder in medium bowl. In small bowl, combine the egg, canola oil, and almond milk. Mix together thoroughly. Combine milk mixture with flour mixture. Fold in the raspberries.
3. Fill the muffin cups to the top.
4. To make the topping : Mix together 1/3 cup brown sugar, 2 Tablespoon almond meal, butter, and cinnamon. Combine with fork until mix thoroughly. Sprinkle mixture on top of each muffin.
5. Bake muffins for about 20-25 minutes or when knife comes out clean
What is special about these muffins??
Well they are gluten and dairy free! But I also incorporated flax seed for some extra fiber (which you can not taste at all). Also using an oil-based butter, cuts down on the saturate fat in this recipe! I hope you enjoy!