I haven't been able to write all weekend. Long story.. I had a crazy dramatic weekend. But now it's Monday and here I am..and I will not disappoint. This Peach Pie is so good. Granted it is definitely not like typical southern Peach Pie, but it is very tasty and not too many calories! :) Plus its gluten and dairy free! Can't get any better than that! Comment if you tried and enjoyed the recipe!!
7 peaches, peeled and thickly sliced
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup rice flour
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
4 cups almond meal/flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup of oil-based butter
1. Start by making the crust. Place flour and salt in food processor. Add the butter and egg. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
2. After dough is cold, spray a 9 inch pie pan and press half of the pie crust into pie pan. Set in fridge with other part of dough.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
4. In a medium sauce pan, add sliced peaches, lemon juice, sugar, and flour. Stir mixture until coated. Bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to low and cook until fruit is tender . Remove from the heat and stir in both extracts and cinnamon.
5. Fill the pie crust with the filling. Roll out other half of pie crust. Cut dough into squares and decorate top of filling with squares.
6. Bake the pie for 10 minutes. Turn down to 350 degrees F and bake about 30 more minutes until golden brown!