Sunday, July 21, 2013
Lemon Pancakes with a Raspberry Sauce
I have been a total slacker these last couple days. Although I have made a couple awesome recipes, I haven't had the time to sit down and write about them until now. So for starters, these pancakes are amazing! I love lemon and I love raspberry so obviously this combination is awesome!! These pancakes aren't dairy-free though (sorry!), although you could definitely substitute an almond milk or soy milk in place of the buttermilk. I used the buttermilk because it just adds to the fluffiness of the pancakes...yum! So enjoy these delicious light and fluffy pancakes :)
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups rice flour
Zest of 1 lemon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 Tablespoon sugar
2 Tablespoon canola oil
1 cup fresh raspberries
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Combine sauce ingredients in medium saucepan and cook for about 15 minutes until sauce is liquid. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, lemon zest, and canola oil.
3. In separate bowl, combine rice flour, salt, baking soda, and sugar.
4. Add dry ingredients and wet ingredients.
5. Cook on greased, heated skillet. Cook for about 30 seconds on each side.
6. Top with sauce and enjoy!!